Monday, June 17, 2013

The Ketchup Compromise

As I deal more frequently with temper tantrums from Molly, I realize that even though I don't (often..) throw my own temper tantrums outwardly, there are often little inside-my-head temper tantrums. Probably even over things just as trivial as Molly's. Well, maybe not quite that bad.

Anyway, I try my best to deter her from flinging herself to the floor and arching her back and screaming at me, but sometimes, there is just no stopping the sin from happening. Sometimes when she does it, it makes me want to cry out of frustration, but other times, it makes me laugh because it is SO ridiculous and SO dramatic!

Lately, she has decided to boycott most foods unless they are dipped in ketchup or ranch dressing. Oh. My. Word. I can't believe I am THAT mother, dipping her child's CUCUMBERS in ketchup, just so she will eat it without a total fit. But, hey, I'm choosing my battles here...I figure, if she actually eats the asparagus...ketchup and all...it's still healthier than just feeding her what she'd REALLY like to eat all day, every day (bread, bread, bread, animal crackers, bananas, and bread).

1 comment:

  1. good job. i think compromising is the secret to sane mothers. ;-)

    ReplyDelete