Friday, November 1, 2013

a [small] transformation



As I sit here with a soft brace on my ankle, foot propped on top of ice for the umpteenth time this week, it dawned on me that I had not yet blogged about my newest venture: RUNNING! Okay, well...jogging. I don't know if it counts as running yet.
While I currently have a sprained ankle (due to over-pronation and bad shoes), I am proud to say that my sister-in-law Katelyn (<--- click her name to view her SUPER awesome blog about the 101 in 1001 project) and I have ALMOST completed 'Couch to 5k'! We both toyed with the idea of running all summer, but neither of us have ever been runners, even in our chosen sports through high school, we avoided running at all costs!

It's taking us a little longer than 9 weeks to complete the program, mostly because we've hit a few "roadblocks" along the way - sickness, and my injury. BUT, my new shoes should be here any day, and my ankle feels exponentially better today than it did even yesterday!! 

Pre-race photo ops:)






About a month ago, we ran in our first 5k, held at Vernon Powell (shoe store). We didn't run the whole thing, but ran a good portion of it. I can't wait til we sign up for our first real run-all-the-way 5k!!
Yes, I know the left picture is me being goofy, but that was my highest weight after Molly was born. I'm about 40 pounds lighter now! (And that's after I had already lost 25 pounds post-pregnancy!)

4 comments:

  1. All I can say is HEY you wore JEANS for that wedding!! and you keep telling me I can't... ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started running in September 2012. Was never, ever a runner and could barely run for 60 seconds at the beginning. It took me a lot longer than 9 weeks to complete the Couch to 5K, but I persevered and now running is, maybe not second nature, but so much easier. In fact, I ran 7.2 miles on Saturday without stopping.

    (I ran in the VP race, too. Found your blog through your mom's link on FB a few weeks ago, by the way.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go, Kristin!! 7.2 miles with no stops is amazing!

    I loved running in the VP race - maybe we will meet at a race one of these days... :)

    ReplyDelete