Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Love is Swapping a CD





This may be a jumbled mess, and I apologize for that.
On Thursdays, I do childcare at a Classical Conversations school.

I have three boys in the afternoon whose mother spent the better portion of the last year battling cancer. A young, beautiful woman with four young children. Throughout the last school year, her husband has brought the children to CC every week, and many of the other mothers have taken on the responsibility of caring for them during the class time. 

This mother lost her battle with cancer today. It's hard to even write the words. I didn't know her very well, but I have spent many hours with her youngest children over the past 2 years, and I love them. My heart is hurting as I think of their pain, because I have seen firsthand how much they love their mother.

On Sunday night, I had the privilege of volunteering to work at a merchandise booth at a TobyMac concert. The children were there with their dad, and the boys were standing up at the table picking out which CD to purchase. They bought one, but the oldest daughter brought them back to the table and suggested swapping it out for the other one. 

The second youngest boy said,"Yeah! We should get that one instead - it's Mommy's favorite!" 

Tell me, how many little boys do you know that would choose to switch a CD they picked out for another one, because they knew it was one their mother would like? 

There are many of these little conversations that we have had during CC that I am now replaying in my head, but I wanted to share this one because I had planned on writing it down and giving it to their dad on Thursday. These are children who will grow up knowing, absolutely, what love is.

No comments:

Post a Comment