Wednesday, August 29, 2012

The Co-Sleeper - A Review

I always knew that typically babies slept in their parents' bedrooms for a little while as newborns, but I never gave much thought to how that would play out practically until we were expecting our own child.

The world of bassinets, moses baskets, pack 'n' plays, bed sharing, and co-sleepers is a confusing and frustrating one to dive into with no prior experience! You don't get to have a time of trial-and-error before the baby comes.

I had finally decided on an Arm's Length Co-Sleeper (as pictured below) when I was browsing Craigslist and happened upon a "gently used" one for $30! I was thrilled!
This is identical to our co-sleeper. Needless to say, we love it, and will be saving it to use for any and all future babies. It was wonderful for those middle-of-the-night feedings. I loved not having to get out of bed, or being able to reach over and sooth her from the comfort of my pillow. Loved it so much, in fact, that I am totally sad that we had to move her out of it a few weeks ago (homegirl was climbing out of it onto our bed...um, no, not safe!).

When she was a newborn newborn, she would only sleep cuddled up in her boppy pillow, inside the co-sleeper. High maintenance, right?

It's easy to strap to your bed, lightweight to move, and has mesh sides - so no worries about baby rolling into the bumpers!

Here's how it looks/works:

Of course, Molly doesn't always like to sleep in what I would classify as "the most comfortable" positions - here's one that I woke up to the sight of one morning:
Yes, she's asleep like that! And yes, that's a blanket in her co-sleeper. Hush your face, I'm the mom (and I'll be doing a review of that blanket soon, too).

I cannot say enough good things about the co-sleeper. Fabulous. Five mom-stars.


No comments:

Post a Comment