Friday, September 7, 2012

The Chattanooga Adventure

As long as I can remember, my parents have never shied away from road trips just because there was a baby in the family. Probably because for the majority of my childhood, there was always a baby! 

So, when my sister in law was asked by one of my dearest friends to photograph her upcoming wedding in Chattanooga, Tennessee, I jumped at the chance to go along.

Last week at this time, we were driving through Somewhere, Virginia listening to one of the 12 (yes, 12) mix CDs that we acquired for this journey and munching on Sundried Tomato Basil Wheat Thins. <-- Check those out, because trust me when I say that they are the bomb diggity.

The trip was beautiful and enjoyable, and Molly did great! She was sooooo done by the end of the ride there, but still, we never had major meltdowns for more than a few minutes and she definitely brightened the day for many a rough-lookin' traveler by waving and grinning out the windows everywhere we stopped!

The wedding was lovely (and fun!), with the most hilarious bridal party I've been around to date. FOUR random singing/dance parties, all pre-ceremony. And Waves made a beautiful and laid back bride, despite the torrential downpour right as it was time to start taking pictures outside. 

Besides the wedding, we also got to visit with some other treasured "old" friends - Morgan, Josiah, Johanna, Jimmy, and Owen.

The ride back, however, was not quite as pleasant. :-( There was a good bit of traffic (Labor Day - we had expected that), rain almost the entire way, and about an hour and a half from home....our car died. Just up and died! I mean, fair enough, the poor dear had about 203,000 miles on it - but, really? Right now? I know God is trying to teach me something in this, I just haven't figured out what yet. 

Thankfully, we had friends in the area who took us in for the night, and my grandfather came to get us the next day after the auto repair shop owner let us know that our wonderful Buick had breathed its' last breath.

So, here we are. Looking for a vehicle to get us from point A to point B, and bumming rides in the meantime.

1 comment:

  1. Fun story! (I almost said "Cool story bro!" but I didn't want you to take it the wrong way) Sorry to hear about the car. I'll add it to the prayer list. Glad you had a wonderful time in TN.

    ReplyDelete